Boxing is one of the oldest sports on the planet. The first official boxing competition was held at the ancient Olympic Games. It is wildly popular all over the world to this day due to its passion, full dedication of the fighters and wide coverage. The spectacularity of this sport is difficult to overestimate, as well as how much is staking on boxing is spread around the world.
What to do to succeed in boxing stakes
Many experienced bettors will tell you that box betting is not as easy as you can think at first. The first step to being able to bet on this is, of course, choosing a good bookmaker and registering, if you have not done so before. While the outrageous match takes place, bookmakers will surely offer even better ood, so that chances to win here.
The list of boxing bets’ types
There are many box stakes, here you can take a look at the most popular ones.
- Bets on the result. In boxing, as in any competition, there is a winner and a loser. Boxing betting is the main type of betting. Also it may be mentioned by bookmakers as “the victory of one or another boxer”. However, there are cases of recording draw results, but it’s rather an exception, than a rule.
- Look out, it’s important to pay attention to the draw odds while making bets. If the draw possibility is not stated, it is better to look at the rules of the bookmaker – how it will be calculated if there is a draw.
- Stakes on total rounds. Professional matches usually contain 12 rounds. Betting on total rounds is a stake on how many rounds the fight will last. If the strong knockout takes place, the number of rounds may be lower. If fighters don’t conduct a tough battle, you can surely expect carrying out of the whole match.
- Bets on how the match will end. A boxing match can end in several ways: winning by knockout, winning by technical knockout (the opponent cannot continue the fight), disqualification of the opponent, refusal of the opponent to continue the fight, by points or technical decision of the judges.
- Other types of boxing stakes appear in big title fights. Here you can gamble on the result of each round, on which round the fight will end. Some bookmakers are willing to offer advanced betting options, such as which of the boxers and in which round will be knocked down too.
Useful strategies to take advantage
The strategy of gaining on boxing at first glance may seem simple: there is a favorite, there is an underdog, and in the betting lines everything is obvious. However, do not rush to rejoice: bookmakers would not offer stakes on this sport, whether it is so predictable.
Bookmakers very often artificially underestimate the odds on the favorite athlete, respectively, increasing the odds on the Underdog (an unpredicted leader). There are almost no undefeated fighters (their units) left in modern boxing, and the status of a favorite is a bigger name earned over the years of a professional career, rather than a real bookmaker’s assessment.
Sensations in boxing are not uncommon, otherwise bookmakers would not bet at all on this sport. The player must correctly assess the capabilities of both boxers and in any case not to fall for the underestimated odds on the favorite.
Remember, that boxing fights are a show. That’s why we do need the intrigue. Who needs shows in which the favorite always wins? Nobody. Therefore, be very careful about gambling on obvious favorites. Sometimes the boxers themselves, after hearing only positive reviews about themselves, are wrong to tune in to the fight and suddenly lose. In this case, you can hope for revenge, including at a losing bet.
Turn a bet over the mind not to lose
Since boxing is an individual sport, an error in assessing the current form of the fighter actually deprives the player of a chance to win at stake. If a boxer has an old unhealed injury, or the wrong sparring partner has been selected for training, or the coach has chosen the wrong tactics, the bet will be lost.
If you have chosen some significant match (usually for the champion strap) as a bet on boxing, the whole bunch of professional judgments will surround you.
Approach the information critically, don’t rely on the media, because instead of a serious assessment, it can artificially heat up interest in the fight, and you need to be able to distinguish between the opinion of a professional and the advice of a person interested in the promotion of the event.
Before betting, you should study all available sources of information about the boxer, the opponent, the status of the fight, the place of the fight (the fans’ support decides a lot), the current state of both boxers. nowadays you can be aware of almost all the training (now it is fashionable to publish part of the training of boxers on different video hostings).
There are many factors that affect the correct choice of rates. If you do not take into account at least one, you can be wrong on your choice, so lose the money.
Striking the balance: to get entangled in or not?
Box is an unusual sport for betting. Unlike team sports, where there are several players and even substitutes, here everything depends on only one person. Gambling on a boxer based on personal sympathy is very risky. To be successful, you should follow a certain strategy and take in consideration the offered types of bets, which are not always favorable for the bettor. So analyze, observe, and win wisely.